Art Blast 2013 is nearly here so you might like to put the dates into your calendar to come along and enjoy a great afternoon of networking followed by a meal in the Guinness Room at Rosie O’Grady’s just across the road from the Fremantle Town Hall.
When: Tuesday 22 October, 2013
Where: Fremantle Town Hall – read parking meters carefully!!! – the high rise car park is probably your best option.
4.30 Register and share a snack out in the kitchen, members and Art Blast participants courtesy of artED. (Non members $10 charge)
5.00 This year there are two components to the Art Blast network night
- 2nd of 3 of the Action Learning Sequence on Visual Thinking Strategies participants will adjourn to the West Room for 1/2 an hour with Danielle and Bernadette to reflect further on what was covered in the first session on 28 August.
- Regular Networkers ie Those who have come for a look around with others and to hear from some of the art teachers involved in the exhibition will
- do a short sharing session on how to get kids engaged in meaningful viewing of an Exhibition. A generic sample of one developed for this Art Blast will be provided. Please be encouraged to bring a viewing idea to share.
- and then commence their walk around. Feel free to move as part of a larger group or to wander off on your own.
- Do bring your camera as the Art Blast teachers are somewhat renowned for their generosity in sharing of ideas, but do remember later to acknowledge the source of your inspiration on a project – if only to the kids you do it with. It is important that our students understand the creative and intellectual property involved in the creation of artworks.
7.00 Meet over at Rosie O’Grady’s for further social networking over a meal. Food and drinks at your own cost.
New member Incentive! If you know of someone who might be interested in becoming a member of artED, the Incentive for new members begins at Art Blast. By paying $50, a new member will be covered for membership including the end of this year and all of 2014.