A great gathering of 11 members and 5 artists and the Gallery owner Helen Turner as we heard from both artists as they talked about their work on exhibition, their inspirations and their artistic life so far. S superb Vietnamese luncheon afterwards was also well received. The only concern – we needed even more time in the gallery space to do some extra brainstorming! Some went back in after lunch to take photos (with very kind permission from both artists as it was for an educational purpose 🙂
We also learned more about the Art Angels project – a 10 year old initiative that enables artists to work in residency.
All in attendance agreed that this sort of networking in a gallery was a great initiative, so stay tuned for the next opportunity during the July holidays! NB Anna’s work had a great write up in the West Australian the next week 🙂 Our most distanced traveller was Rosie O’K from the Ngaanyatjarra Lands School out by Warburton! It was great to catch up with Rosie who is keen to work with Primary teachers to help with some curriculum ideas for their students.
Friday 26 April (middle weekend of holidays) We do hope some country folk will be in town and able to pop along as well 🙂
Parking available at Turner Gallery 470 William St
- 11.00 meet at Turner Gallery
Featured artists – both local!
- Artist talk – by both artists 🙂
- View the exhibition
- Promo about Turner Gallery & the Art Angels sponsorship project and a look behind the scenes at some of the artworks produced as part of that initiative.
- Brainstorm ways in which you could create tasks for your art classes based on artists’ works – Katie is happy to make a start on a sheet of ideas, then basically we all just brainstorm other ideas – ready to take away and implement 🙂 She suggested that Stuart’s work might particularly appeal to boys.
- 12.30 lunch at a nearby (walking distance) Vietnamese restaurant –
- Phi Yen 205 Brisbane Street Cnr Lake Street, Northbridge http://phiyen.com.au/
RSVP: to Pauline at firstname.lastname@example.org